How do you write a blog post that will amplify SEO ranking signals? Apparently, you write relevant and engaging content for the readers and at the same time increase the website’s organic ranking visibility. Creating highly optimised blog posts will certainly boost your SEO ranking signals. You’ll have good results on Google Organic search rankings and increased website traffic that is sure to create long-term success.The following 6 easy steps on how to write a blog post will surely amplify your content ranking signals:
1. Topic ResearchOne of the main things to having engaging content is to conduct extensive topic research. Choosing a topic for your blog post is quite challenging. You need to gather data about different topics that most users are searching for and also the topics you’re interested in. Modifying existing content based on different pieces of ideas which you obtained from reading a variety of articles can strengthen your claims. In selecting an appropriate topic for your content, the topics should answer the following questions:
- Why: Why did you choose that topic and why should your readers care about it?
- Who: Who are your target audience/readers?
- What: What are the most intriguing and controversial topics that could stir up your reader’s interest?
- Where: Where does it happen and from where did you base your facts?
- When: When do the issues occur?
- How: How should you end your topic? How would you encourage your readers to take an action based on the content call-to-action?
2. Keyword Research
Keyword research should be your second priority after you’ve created and drafted your research topic. This will give you an initial output of audience reach once the keywords will index and gain traffic. You can track the web traffic of your content through Google Analytics and Google Webmaster search analytics data results.
It is recommended to target long-tail keywords in writing your content. Long-tail keywords are composed of suffixes and synonyms which are closely related words to your main keywords. Targeting long-tail keywords can increase the chances of gaining ideal ranking results on Google Organic. It can provide great search results and traffic for your site in just a short period of time depending on the type of blog post and content amplification frequency you’re doing.Related Post: Keyword Research (Beginner’s Guide)
3. URL Permalink Structuring
URL permanent link structuring is one of the most efficient strategies in ranking your content on Google Search. Aside from having your primary keyword in the title, the keyword should also be included on the URL permalink to increase the ranking. See sample image below with the keyword “blog post ideas.” That keyword is found on the title and URL permalink which had great ranking results.
4. Content Research
Content research and planning are effective ways to know what type of content and topics resonate with the readers. One of the best tools to track what type of content is getting the most shares and engagement is buzzsumo.com. It provides detailed content research with deeper results to determine the traffic sources and number of social shares from different social amplification sites using their filter options. The buzzsumo application can also find local and niche specific influencers which can help boost the content; which will then result in increased visibility and engagement across social media sites. See image sample below.
5. Social Content Amplification
Once you’ve finalised and published your content, you are now ready to amplify your content by sharing it across social media sites with unique captions attached to it. The engagement on social sites will provide good ranking signals. It can lead your site to a higher page on Google search results. Your ranking on Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP) is based on the keyword index within your site’s content which includes the content meta title, meta description and URL permalink structure.
6. Track Results and Repeat
Sharing your content on different social media sites will surely increase your traffic. Each of those traffic sources can be tracked through Google Analytics and Google search console. The Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools are free applications that provide in-depth analysis results based on the tracking code that you have implemented on your site.
In terms of amplifying your site’s ranking signals, “content is King.” When it comes to website traffic, engaging and highly optimised content is the best way to target long-term success. All content you create takes a lot of time to index in Google. It probably takes a couple of months before Googlebot fully indexes your content. Once it has gained interest to the readers, has more shares, likes and visits, the trust score of your blog posts and your site’s domain will definitely increase. To learn more about this, read how search engines work.
To understand the whole process and to provide more comprehensive analysis data for your personal business purposes, contact us and we will reach out to help your content to achieve your specific targets.