If you’re running a PPC campaign for your online advertising campaign and are not getting enough conversions, try these 3 helpful tools that scrape in-depth data to build up your ongoing PPC campaign optimisation. These tools help you minimize your daily spending and maximize your audience’s reach.
Not optimising your campaign properly could end-up depleting your daily budget. It’s a prerequisite to understand the basic ideas of how paid search marketing works. We shared 6 of the basic campaign setups that would initially kick start your online advertising. Keyword research is the most crucial among the other sources in order to know exactly what your audiences are looking at. These 3 tools provide the most accurate and updated search volume data in search engine results pages (SERP) with regards to what users are searching for, based on an average monthly recorded algorithm.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword planner was formerly known as “Google Adwords Keyword tool”. It’s a free tool from Google Adwords that gives advertisers and SEO’s a chance to forecast, scrape and expand existing campaign keywords, and search new keywords for Google Adwords “Search Network” campaign advertising. Before you begin; sign in to your Adwords account at https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner.
Getting started with Google Keyword Planner
In the user interface (UI), notice on the screenshot below, you can find two options to start;
- Find new keywords and get search volume data
These are the things you can do:
- Search keywords
- Get landing pages or website keywords data
- Get search volume phrases and website category
- Get keywords volume data and trends
- Multiply your keywords list to get new keywords
- Plan your budget and get traffic forecasts
See our video demonstration here:
To explore more visit Google Adwords Keyword Planner.
This tool is a one-stop-shop for all PPC and SEO insights data that you need. It straight away provides an instant daily live-update of website and keyword statistics whenever you start searching keywords or website in the search box. The user interface is easy to understand and navigate as it provides smooth and well-organized data insights. There are 114 search engines data built for specific countries e.g. United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Australia, etc.
- Domain Overview
- Desktop and Mobile Data Feed Statistics
- Organic Search Data Traffic
- Paid Search Data Traffic
- Live and Daily Updated Data
- Estimated Numbers of Backlinks
- Display Advertising Percentage for Publishers and Advertisers
- Organic Keyword Pie-graph
- Top Organic Keywords Live Update
- Main Organic Competitors
- Competitive Positioning Map
- Organic and Paid Daily Traffic Wave Comparison and Trends
- Branded Search Estimated Traffic
- Branded vs. Non-branded Pie-graph Comparison
- Branded Traffic Trends
- Live Updated Top Paid Keywords
- Paid Position Distribution
- Live Updated Main Paid Competitors
- Paid Competitive Positioning Map
- Live Updated Sample Ads
- Backlinks ( anchor text and referring page URL)
- Follow vs No-follow Pie-graph
- Backlinks Type
- Top Anchor Text
- Referring Domains
- Indexed Pages
- Latest Publishers
- Landing Pages
- Sample Text Ads
- Sample Media Ads
- Video Advertising
All of the scraped data that corresponds to the insights listed above can be exported through Excel, CSV, CSV Semicolon or PDF file format.
Getting started with Semrush Pro for PPC
To begin with your PPC analysis using Semrush, follow these steps:
- Log in using your Semrush Pro account or either test it using a free account.
- In the small box on the main interface, type-in your keyword, URL or domain to trace.
- Once the data is generated, let’s say you’ve searched for the keyword “PPC” and set country to Australia, then check “paid search live-update and volume of competition”. For the keyword “PPC” it shows you the cost per click (CPC) is at $7.14, organic search volume at 1.9K and competition volume is at 0.38.
Semrush is not just for PPC
There is still lots of room to build up your online advertising analysis using Semrush. Try to explore your ideas through their insights and be amazed with the results. When you actually compare the Semrush results to Google tools, it provides almost the same results.
To learn more visit their website at Semrush.com
Spyfu provides the most unique data you can find for your PPC research. The tool plans and pricing start at $79 per month with a basic account access that will enable you to search and trace 250 Business leads, 5000 Weekly Tracked keywords (weekly refresh). It also includes UK Data and 1 user login per account. To learn more about their plans and pricing visit their website at https://www.spyfu.com/mainpurchase/?page=alternate.
Here are other exciting details about their plans
- Unlimited search results
- Unlimited data exports
- Unlimited domain overview
- Top 10k list results
- A small box for keyword
- URL or domain to track
- Recent activities
- Other SEO and PPC in-depth tutorial articles that will help you understand their algorithms
Getting started with Spyfu for your PPC analysis
Let’s say you’ve searched for the keyword “PPC”, begin your PPC data exploration using Spyfu. . Once the data is generated, you will see the following insights:
- Keyword Overview – PPC
- Profitable Related Keywords
- Most Successful Advertisers and Their Best Ads
- Ranking History
- Inbound Link (Backlinks)
- Organic Search and Ranking Analysis
- Current Ads
To learn more visit their website at spyfu.com
Other PPC Collaboration Tools
There are multitude of useful tools you can find online that most users and online specialist recommend. However, the 3 tools we mentioned are what we are using to optimise both SEO and PPC campaigns for current projects. Combining both SEO and PPC campaigns for your online advertising could bring you immense traffic and could lessen the budget you spend daily to fill up your other online and offline advertising needs. If you find this article helpful, please share and comment below.